Hey there, everyone! It’s Cara here, and I’m feeling feverish!
This morning, I woke up in a cold sweat- must clean out junk drawer– I thought- must put on brightly colored clothes…must go outside! These symptoms could only mean one thing: a bad case of spring fever! Spring has finally sprung (well, it has in some places, it’s still pretty snowy up here at Hidden Valley.) With the weather getting warmer and the days getting longer, everyone is continuing to get psyched for summer.
For those of you who have been following along with our countdown to camp on the HVC website, you know that there are just 85 days until first session starts! If you’re like me and can hardly wait for camp to begin, here are some ways to bring some HVC fun into your home community:
- Do a rose-bud-thorn circle at the family dinner table, where each person shares a highlight and lowlight of their day along with something they’re looking forward to
- Visit the animals at your local petting zoo (you may even find some llamas!)
- Teach a friend a hand game you learned at camp
- Make a friendship bracelet
- Ask to share a camp song with your music class at school
- Try out a camp recipe from the Hidden Valley Camp cookbook (available at planetmeg.com)
- Wear an HVC t-shirt!
And, of course, the best way to bring Hidden Valley into our other communities is to practice our HVC values of kindness and inclusion wherever we may go! The next time we speak, lots of summer preparations will be underway as we get closer and closer to staff training. For now, enjoy some photos from last summer!
Cara B. Ner.